Monday, July 8, 2013

Tiramisu


Baking is pretty much my favorite distraction or method of procrastination.  We were having a girls night a few months ago, and I volunteered to make the dessert.  I thought I'd make something yummy but simple, after all, I was supposed to be studying for my Complex Analysis qualifying exam.  But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to spend my evenings baking instead of studying.  Everyone needs a break from working the brain too hard every now and then!  So I took on the challenge of making tiramisu, completely from scratch :)  Well, almost completely.  I did buy the mascarpone cheese.  Maybe next time I'll try making the cheese too.

It was worth it.  So worth it.  I should have taken more pictures.  I'll just have to refer you to one of my favorite baking blogs, Sprinkle Bakes, where I found the recipe I used.

I thought it would be fun to make little individual portions, so instead of making regular shaped lady fingers, I made them round, about 3 inches in diameter.  And used two per portion.  I didn't have little spring form pans, or molds, so I ended up making cylinders out of parchment paper around the lady fingers.  They turned out beautifully!

lady fingers in the oven :)


share.eat.repeat.