Monday, September 9, 2013

Creamy Pesto


Its been a fun and relaxing weekend, and productive at the same time - the best kind of weekend!  This afternoon we finally got the blinds put up in our windows.  After a year and eight months in this house, we now have window treatments.  Sorry neighbors, it should have happened earlier, I know.  But now the house looks that much more like a home, and I love it :)

Installing the blinds was easy, but five windows later, Carsten and I had definitely worked up an appetite.  I opened the fridge, looking for inspiration for dinner.  There it was, a beautiful piece of smoked salmon.  I thought pasta with a creamy sauce, some fresh arugula and smoked salmon sounded just about prefect - except that Carsten doesn't like cream sauces.  So I decided to go the pesto route instead, and as somewhat of a compromise, I made it a slightly creamy pesto.  I adapted a recipe I found here.  Whole wheat penne pasta with green beans and mushrooms, smothered in creamy pesto, with fresh arugula and smoked salmon on top.  Perfect.


You know you've succeeded when everyone goes back for seconds... and then some.

Ingredients
1 cup basil, packed - I mean really packed.
1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbs lemon juice
2 oz. cream cheese

Procedure
Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.  Adjust seasoning and lemon juice to taste.



share.eat.repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment